Dr. med.dent. WBA KZM SSO
Oberarzt Assist. Prof.
Paediatric Oral Health
Universitäres Zentrum für Zahnmedizin UZB, Universität Basel
- Studied dentistry in Basel. Graduated and doctors degree at University Basel
- School Dental Clinic Amriswil, later head 1985-1991, private practice since: 1991,
- Co-working with Hubertus van Waes, University of Zurich since 1998, since 2004 senior lecturer at the department paediatric dentistry University of Zürich
- Head of the training program Sedation in Paediatric Dentistry at SVK (Swiss Paediatric Dental Association)
- from 2004, Councillor and later member of the board (treasurer) EAPD (European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry)
- August 2018 switch to the Department Oral Health, Prof Verna (Paediatric Dentistry) at UZB University Basel as Assistant Professor, Oberarzt
Main focus of my scientific work:
- Paediatric dentistry, stomatology / oral medicine in children and adolescents, pain control and sedation in paediatric dentistry, endodontics in primary teeth and imature permanent teeth.
- Publications: several book chapters, scientific internet platforms (i.e. Stomatopedia.com) and more than 60 scientific publications, numerous lectures in Switzerland and abroad, scientific advisory board in 4 dental journals.