Dr. Richard Steffen
Dr. med.dent. WBA KZM SSO
Oberarzt Assist. Prof.
Paediatric Oral Health
Universitäres Zentrum für Zahnmedizin UZB, Universität Basel
- Studied dentistry in Basel. Graduated and doctors degree at University Basel
- School Dental Clinic Amriswil, later head 1985-1991, private practice since: 1991,
- Co-working with Hubertus van Waes, University of Zurich since 1998, since 2004 senior lecturer at the department paediatric dentistry University of Zürich
- Head of the training program Sedation in Paediatric Dentistry at SVK (Swiss Paediatric Dental Association)
- from 2004, Councillor and later member of the board (treasurer) EAPD (European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry)
- August 2018 switch to the Department Oral Health, Prof Verna (Paediatric Dentistry) at UZB University Basel as Assistant Professor, Oberarzt
Main focus of my scientific work:
- Paediatric dentistry, stomatology / oral medicine in children and adolescents, pain control and sedation in paediatric dentistry, endodontics in primary teeth and imature permanent teeth.
- Publications: several book chapters, scientific internet platforms (i.e. Stomatopedia.com) and more than 60 scientific publications, numerous lectures in Switzerland and abroad, scientific advisory board in 4 dental journals.
Tribune Group GmbH is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Tribune Group designates this activity for 1 continuing education credits.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between Tribune Group GmbH and Dental Tribune International GmbH.