Therapy of pain control & immediate treatment for MIH
Therapy of pain control & immediate care for MIH. A challenge in pain control and behavior control.
The term molar incisor hypomineralization (MIH) describes the clinical picture of more or less hypomineralized, especially in permanent and deciduous teeth. So far, too little attention has been paid to the subject of hypersensitivity and chronic pain of these teeth. With the knowledge of the connections between this hypersensitivity, correct behavior control, adequate anesthesia techniques and targeted premedication, it should be possible to treat most of the teeth affected by MIH. Pain control, desensitization and targeted, timely restorations are the pillars of MIH pain management.
Participants should know at the end of the seminar:
- Understanding the hypersensitivity of MIH teeth
- Differences between chronic and acute pain
- Possible treatment options for primary pain care
- Best options for maturation and therefore desensitization of MIH teeth
- Application of pain control algorithms during the treatment of hypersensitive MIH teeth
- Treatment options for hypersensitive MIH teeth